Ave.exe is the core component of fake antispyware program, which during its first run choose a name at random from the list below:
1. If you are running Windows Vista – Total Vista Security, Vista Security Tool 2010, Vista Security 2010, Vista Defender Pro, Vista Antimalware 2010
2. if you are running Windows XP – XP Security Tool 2010, XP Antimalware 2010, XP Defender Pro, Total XP Security, XP Smart Security 2010
Like many other similar parasites, ave.exe malware penetrates a computer with the help of trojans. When the trojan is running, it first downloads the major components of the fake antispyware program, and then change the ".exe" file associations (it is almost all installed programs on your computer), so that when you start any program that automatically runs the file ave.exe.
Since its launch, ave.exe starts to scan your computer. It states that your computer is infected with trojans, spyware, adware or malware and that you should purchase full version of the program to remove these infections. Doing this is not necessary since the scan results, and the scan itself, is a method created to trick and force you to believe that your computer is infected.
To further confuse you, the program shows a variety of fake warning, security alerts, pop-ups and so on. All they tell you that your computer is infected and the urgent need to activate the antispyware program. In addition, this malicious program, has the ability to block any program from running.
Of course, all these messages and alerts that will show ave.exe is a fake and like false scan results created with one purpose, to make you buy the full version of the fake antispyware program. So, you can safely disregard them, and in any case not buy it!
How to remove ave.exe
To remove this parasitic program use the following steps:
1. Repair ".exe" file associations
2. Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-malware
3. Run Malwarebytes Anti-malware, perform a quick Scan
4. Once finished, click OK, then Show Results to view the results
5. Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected to remove ave.exe and any associated malware