If you've just set up a Facebook fan page, your next concern would most likely be how to get Facebook likes for it. Truth is, there are countless techniques out there that you may employ at some point with the time-honored trial and error approach. But if you want quick results, you should focus on these tested techniques for increasing Facebook likes.
Leverage Existing Networks
It makes more sense to devote your initial efforts to getting more Facebook likes to people you already interact with. Ask your relatives, friends, colleagues, employees, and online contacts on Facebook and other social networks to like your Facebook page. While it may be tempting, do not jump to Facebook's suggest for asking them to like your page. It's wiser to stagger your like campaign prioritizing the people closest to you or are already familiar with your Facebook fan page and the business, service, product or brand you're promoting. You can then proceed farther away from your social circle until you're satisfied with the likes you're getting.
· Include your Facebook page vanity URL in your email signature
· Chat with your online contacts about licking the page
· Post like buttons and a Facebook Like Box on your Website or blog
· Ask friends and relatives to promote your Facebook fan page if they can
Connect to Your Offline Activities
This is an often ignored method for getting Facebook likes, but connecting your offline activities and marketing efforts to your Facebook like campaign can be a very effective strategy. In fact, it's a lot better to ask this as a favor in person than say, sending a request or email. Discuss your Facebook fan page and its benefits to the people you meet whenever possible. Include your vanity URL on your marketing and promotional materials.
· Include your Facebook like page URL on your business cards, brochures and ads
· If you have a brick-and-mortar store, post notices about your page on prominent areas
· Discuss your Facebook fan page on networking events you attend
· Find other Facebook like page owners in related industries to exchange links with
Run a Facebook Ad
This one will cost you some money, but if you're serious about your Facebook like page campaign and you implement the ad wisely, you're sure to see handsome returns. The idea here is to use Facebook's in-house advertising platform to reach out to your target demographics and markets who might not find you otherwise. It's actually rather easy, because Facebook's ad wizard can help you whittle down your ad exposure to your desired demographic, ie people who have liked similar pages, live in the same locality, within your target age bracket, etc.
· Limited budget? Run ads only on select parts of the year when you need more exposure
· Align your Facebook ad with an existing promotion, limited offer or key development
· Run them ads on special occasions and holidays
Post Exclusive Content and Special Offers
Ever heard of a reveal tab? It's a custom Facebook page tab that serves as a default landing or welcome page for non-fans. In it, you can welcome non-fans to your page with information and a call to action for them to click like. But it you'll definitely get more likes if you try to offer exclusive or premium content for liking your page, such as a discount, a free report, a great video or some other incentive. It's used in a lot of pages, and is one of the most powerful ways to get more likes.
· Decide on what exclusive offers you can provide your likers
· Hire a designer or better yet, get a software to help you customize your Facebook page
· Do not forget to monitor your success rates